Saturday, February 27, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - Reagan's Photo Galleries Updated with Costa Rica Photos

Sunday Night in Atenas, Costa Rica

Reagan's Photo Galleries Updated with Costa Rica Photos

I returned home from Costa Rica to Nashville Tuesday, February 23. Thanks to my friend Charlie Doggett for hosting me and literally showing Costa Rica from the Caribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean and much of the central valley including his town Atenas and Alajuela and San Jose.  The highlight of the trip was definitely the times spent at Charlie's home relaxing on his terrace in my favorite rocking chair.  Second highlight was Charlie's introducing me and emerging me into the simple lifestyle of Atenas.  The sightseeing highlight was a three day trip to Tortuguero National Park on the Caribbean Sea staying at Laguna Lodge and traveling on boats to see the birds and other wildlife of the Fuertes River.  

It took almost a week but I have uploaded over a thousand photos to fifteen photo galleries to Reagan's Photo Galleries in a new Folder Costa Rica.  The photo galleries are one for each of the fifteen days of my trip from February 8 when I traveled to and spent the night before my flights at the Hilton Garden Inn near Nashville International Airport until February 22, my last day in Costa Rica when Charlie took me to the airport Hampton Inn in Alajuela.  The San Jose International Airport is in Alajuela.  Sorry, no photos on my return flight on February 23. 

Click the photo below or the caption to see all fifteen galleries. You might want to bookmark that page or save this blog update to view each gallery as you have time.



Costa Rica 2016 February 9-23

I also would like to express a special "thank you" to our Tortuguero trip guide Robert Umaña pictured below.  Robert is a native Costa Rican and spoke Spanish and English fluently.  I especially liked that he took personal interest in each member of our group including me to make sure we were enjoying the experience.  I know he reached out to include me in the tours and be sure I was okay.  

Our Tortuguero guide Robert Umaña

And most definitely thanks to my wonderful host and friend Charlie Doggett who greeted me at the airport and made every single day a fun and happy day.  Charlie, you took very good care of me.

My host and friend Charlie Doggett

Thanks to all of you following me on my travels via this travel blog.  I'm home in Nashville/Franklin, TN, for four weeks.  My next travel is an Amtrak trip from New Orleans, LA, to Seattle for a week in Seattle and then return back to New Orleans on Amtrak.  In Seattle, I have family and friends I hope to visit - great nephew Neil Owens family and former First Baptist Nashville youth Jacob Moody family.  


Costa Rica is Pura Vida



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.