Monday, February 8, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 8 - Night near Nashville International Airport

River Rest Condos Club House - Where I live in Nashville

Traveled to Hotel Near Nashville International Airport 

Today and Tomorrow are great days to be departing Nashville.  We are already experiencing snow showers and later tonight temperatures are dropping below freezing.  Weather people are forecasting this next week to be the coldest week of Winter 2016 here in Nashville.  Thankfully, I have already packed and drove from my home about 20 miles to the Hilton Garden Inn near Nashville International Airport.  Tomorrow morning early, I will drive about a mile to Flight Park where I will leave my car and then check in with American Airlines for my 7 AM flight to Miami.  Hope to arrive Miami around 10:20 AM for my American Airlines 12:25 PM flight to San Jose, Costa Rica.  If all goes well, I'll arrive around the 2:18 PM scheduled arrival time.  After going through immigration I will look for my friend Charlie who has promised he will be holding up a sign with my name on it along with other similar people holding up name signs.  Here are a few photos I took here at the Hilton Garden Inn as I arrived.  While you cannot see them in the photos, the snow showers began just as I pulled into the parking lot.  I think I will stay in tonight and eat in the hotel restaurant.

Hilton Garden Inn, Nashville International Airport

View from my room at Hilton Garden Inn, Nashville International Airport

The blue Honda Accord is my car at Hilton Garden Inn, Nashville International Airport

View from my room at Hilton Garden Inn, Nashville International Airport

Charlie sent me pictures of my room I will stay in while with him in Costa Rica.  It actually the room he uses as his office.  Charlie has graciously allowed me to use the desk area for my laptop while he moves his PC to his room during my visit.  So here are three of those photos.

Couch bed and chest.  Chair at foot of the bed.

Desk and Chair across from the couch bed

Wardrobe for my hanging clothes.

Thanks, Charlie, for taking such good care of me.  I'm ready to leave this snow and cold weather.

Depending on when Charlie and I get to his home tomorrow and after I have unpacked and settled in I will try to post an update to let you know I have arrived.


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.