Saturday, February 20, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 20 - Jaco Beach and Crocodile Bridge

Painting I Purchased Today

Crocodile Bridge and Jaco Beach 


Today, Charlie drove us to town of Jaco to visit the Pacific Ocean beach. Our first stop was Crocodile Bridge where you walk over the bridge to see the crocodiles lounging in the sun or swimming in the river.  After the stop at Crocodile Bridge we continued on to town of Jaco where we walked out on the beach.  We visited in Jaco and I found a couple of souvenir gifts for my sister Shirley and myself.  After visiting a couple ocean overlooks we visited a nice resort and ate lunch in the marina restaurant.  After lunch we started back to Atenas and made one last stop at a souvenir shop Charlie had meant to stop at on the way to Jaco but missed.  A very good shop and after shopping as we were leaving, we saw a man painting many scenes of Costa Rica on canvas.  I saw what he was painting and really wanted that painting so we waited for the painting to be completed and dried some before purchasing and bringing home to Charlie's.  The painting is now continuing to dry for another 24 hours on the dining room table.  The photo above is an IPhone photo of the painting. Another photo of the painting is included in the photos below along with a couple photos of the painter.  Now my limited shopping is complete.  Come visit me when I get home if you would like to see the actual painting.

Here are today's selected photos.


Crocodiles at Crocodile Bridge

Crocodiles at Crocodile Bridge

Crocodiles at Crocodile Bridge

Vista across the the Crocodile Bridge

Crocodile Bridge

The Beach at Jaco

The Beach at Jaco

Town of Jaco

View of Jaco Beach

View of Jaco Beach

Lookout of Jaco Beach

Heading to lunch at the marina

The Marina

Crossing Crocodile Bridge again

Typical Costa Rican Road We Traveled On

Comida Tipica Souvenirs  


Fruits of Costa Rica

Soda Shop at Souvenir Stap
S
Souvenir Shop

Painter and his beautiful Costa Rica Pointings

Photo of Painting I Purchased

The Painter of my Painting

Driving on Costa Rica's version of toll road

Tonight and Sunday night are my last nights with Charlie. While I am ready to come home to Nashville/Franklin, Charlie has been a great host and I will miss him. Tomorrow, Sunday, only definite plans are "to eat". Monday morning will be packing time for me. Monday afternoon Charlie will drive me to the Hampton Inn at San Jose International Airport for an overnight on my own before departing on American Airlines to Dallas/Fort Worth connecting there with my flight to Nashville. Scheduled arrival time is 4:55 PM.


Costa Rica is Pura Vida



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.