Thursday, February 18, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 18 - Atenas

Tropical Petunia in Charlie's Garden

At Ease in Atenas

On my tenth day in Costa Rica, Charlie and I decided to spend the day hanging around his home in Atenas.  I washed some of my clothes after the Tortuguero trip and read a lot in the terrace rocking chair.  For lunch we drove to Charlie's favorite Atenas restaurant El Balcon del Cafe.  The food was excellent. I had the lunch special - a breaded pork chop, German mashed potatoes, and broccoli. I topped it off with a pineapple turnover and vanilla ice cream. After lunch we returned to Charlie's for more rest and relaxation and BLT's for dinner.  The day ended with a brilliant sunset.  

Here are a selection of photos from the day.


Charlie's Garden


Charlie's Garden

Reading my Nook Samsung tablet on Charlie's terrace

And in my favorite rocking chair of course

Ate lunch at El Balcon del Cafe 

Ate lunch at El Balcon del Cafe 

Ate lunch at El Balcon del Cafe 

Charlie's favorite waiter - those milkshakes are not for us

My lunch at El Balcon del Cafe 

Beautiful sunset to end the day

Only a few days remaining for me in Costa Rica. For now the plans are to visit nearby Alajuela by bus and taxi on Friday. That's actually were the San Jose International Airport is. We will be visiting town center and a brand new largest USA type shopping mall in Central America. Saturday, we plan to drive to Jaco on the Pacific Ocean west of Atenas. Sunday will be my last day and night with Charlie in Atenas. Monday, Charlie will drive me to spend the night at the Hampton Inn near San Jose International from where my American Airlines flights home to Nashville via Dallas/Fort Worth depart 9 AM Tuesday morning February 23.



Costa Rica is Pura Vida



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.