Friday, February 12, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 12 - Farmer's Market

Atenas, Costa Rica, town center vista
as seen from Charlie's neighborhood
 
Farmer's Market, Pops Ice Cream, Afternoon on the Terrace

After two full days of "going", today Charlie took me to the Farmer's Market this morning and then we returned home through Atenas town central to visit Pops Ice Cream.  I had a banana split for my lunch. At home, it was time to do a little laundry, take a nap, and hang out on Charlie's terrace. While on the terrace the birds began flying around the garden vegetation and trees.  I took photos of three of my favorites.  In early evening we walked to a neighbor's home for a nice dinner party.  Very good and tasty dinner and visit with the host and a couple of other neighbors.  Much good conversation. Now back at home with Charlie posting this update for bedtime.  

Here are some selected photos from today's activities.


Charlie buying bananas at Farmer's Market

Atenas Farmers Market

Atenas Farmer's Market

Strawberries at Atenas Farmer's Market

Railway Museum Electric Passenger Car

Railway Museum

My banana split lunch at Pops Ice Cream in Atenas

Beautiful bird seen from Charlie's terrace

Beautiful bird seen from Charlie's terrace

Beautiful bird seen from Charlie's terrace


Table and Chairs on Charlie's terrace
My favorite lounge rocking chair on Charlies terrace

Terrace Garden

Another beautiful bird off Charlie's terrace

Another beautiful bird off Charlie's terrace

Another beautiful bird off Charlie's terrace

Charlie's house seen through the terrace garden


Side view of Charlie's home

Neighborhood cows

Dinner Party at Charlie's neighbor



Another fantastic view from Charlie's neighbor's home


One more day and night before Charlie and I pack up for a short three day trip to Tortuguero on the Caribbean coast.  I will post another blog update tomorrow(Saturday) night.  Since I will be leaving my laptop at Charlie's, the next regular update after tomorrow will be next Wednesday night.  If adequate WiFi is available, I may try to post a couple mini updates via my IPhone.  I am not using cellular data, nor voice or texts while in Costa Rica but I am able to do email and use some of my apps such as Blogger if WiFi is available.  

Pura Vida


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.