Thursday, February 11, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 11 - La Paz Waterfalls

Another view from my rocking chair on Charlie's terrace
My favorite place to sit and relax near the end of every day

Waterfalls of La Paz - Quite Rainy But Fun Still

Another adventurous day exploring Costa Rica.  Each day begins and ends from my favorite place - Charlie's terrace with views like in the lead photo above.  I took this photo after we had returned to Charlie's home at the end of another full yet fun day.  We began the day eating a tico breakfast at Casita del Cafe outside Atenas with a beautiful vista as seen in the photos below.  After breakfast we toured Costa Rica's highways leading up into the mountains to the waterfalls of La Paz.  The mountains provided the first steady rain of my Costa Rican holiday visiting Charlie's.  But with the purchase of a "Pura Vida" rain poncho we toured the La Paz Waterfall Park. I enjoyed the park and hiking to the falls as the selected photos below show.  After the rainy park visit Charlie drove us to the sunny lower elevation to La Garita for lunch at Arroz Mango. Today was my first experience eating at restaurants where the menu was totally in Spanish and the wait staff "no hablo ingles".  The waiter solved the communication problem using a smart phone to translate from Spanish to English.  My two years of high school Spanish and one  year college Spanish classes taken in 1950's and 1960 actually has been helpful.  A couple photos from Arroz Mango are included in the selected photos below.  No matter all the great adventures Charlie has and will take me on during my stay here, I believe sitting on Charlie's terrace with the fantastic scenic views will be the highlight of my visit.  As soon as Charlie pulls the car into his parking space next to his home, I head for the rocking chairs on the terrace to simply relax and enjoy the view and tropical climate.  

Here are the photos of today's activities. 


Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

Vista View at Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

View from Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

View from Casita Del Cafe near Atenas
That's the Pacific Ocean in the distance

 View from Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

My tico breakfast at Casita Del Cafe near Atenas

Charlie programming the GPS in the rental car

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain - real live ox

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

La Paz Waterfall Park in the rain

Late lunch at Arroz Mango

Vista view from Arroz Mango


Neighbor dogs -  I added this photo for my niece Sandra and great nice Kellie
I understand this to be Pure Life.  


Thanks for traveling with me via this Reagan's Travel Blog.  If you would like to read some of Charlie's blog covering my visit with him check out Charlie Doggett Blog.

As Charlie says, "PURA VIDA!"



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.