Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 9 - From Snowy Nashville to Sunny Costa Rica

Reagan has made it to tropical Costa Rica

From Snowy Nashville to Sunny Costa Rica

As you can see from the photo above, I am finally in Atenas, Costa Rica. Thankfully, I only had to scrape the ice and snow off my car and drive one mile to Flight Park to leave it there.  Flight Park took me to Nashville International Airport.  With more snow expected during the day Tuesday, my American Eagle airplane had to be de-iced before we took off to Miami.  Both flights were smooth and on time first to Miami and then on to San Jose, Costa Rica.  As promised my friend Charlie was at the airport awaiting my arrival.  After a scenic drive to Atenas we arrived Charlie's home and settled in.  Charlie is an excellent host and I look forward to two great weeks of friendship and fellowship.  We ended the day by driving into Atenas and eating at Charlie's favorite pizza place. After waking up at 4:20 AM we are back at Charlie's and after posting this update, I am heading to sleep.

Here are some selected photos I took today to show you my beginning in snowy Nashville, flying to Miami and on to San Jose, Costa Rica, Charlie's meeting me and taking me to his home to get settled in and lastly taking me to eat pizza to end the day.

Flew American Eagle Nashville to Miami

De-icing in Nashville

De-icing in Nashville

Departing Snowy  Nashville at 7 AM

Arriving Miami 10:20 AM

At my gate for American flight to San Jose, C.R.

At gate in Miami for American flight to San Jose, Costa Rica

Flew American Airlines Miami to San Jose, C.R.

View from airplane arriving Costa Rica

View from airplane arriving Costa Rica

As promised, Charlie was airport to meet me

First view of Charlie's terrace

Charlie has definitely made me "welcome"

View from up the street from Charlie's home

Charlie's home from where I took the scenic photo above

Up the street from Charlie's home

Charlie showing me some of his flower garden

Close up of some flowers

Ended the day eating pizza at this pizza restaurant in Atenas

And today is just the first day of two highly anticipated weeks with Charlie in Costa Rica.  As often as I can, I will   post a few photos to let you keep up with our fun two weeks.  Best of all, IT'S TROPICAL.


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.