Sunday, February 21, 2016

Costa Rica 2016 - February 21 - Sunday at Charlie's

A View I Never Tire Of from Charlie's Terrace in Atenas, Costa Rica

Sunday at Charlie's Home

The clock is ticking and my time with Charlie is coming to a close.  We are spending a relaxing day here in Atenas.  Earlier we drove into Atenas to meet a few of Charlie's ex-Pat friends briefly and then Charlie drove me up and around the hills surrounding his home to see all the homes built on the hillside in his neighborhood.  We then ate a late lunch near his home at "Restarurante Las Oropendolas".  Now we are back at Charlie's resting, napping, and reading. Planning to eat ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner.  Tonight is my last night to sleep at Charlie's. Thank you Charlie! Or better yet, "Muchas Gracias, Charlie. Usted ha sido un gran anfitriĆ³n!"

Monday morning, I will be packing my luggage for travel back to the Nashville. Charlie will drive me to Alajuela after we eat a late lunch to the Hampton Inn near the San Jose International Airport to spend Monday night and then turn in the rental car he has driven these past two weeks. He will then take the bus we rode Friday back to Atenas from Alajuela. Monday night at the Hampton I will reflect on these two great weeks visiting Charlie and prepare an update blog featuring a highlight photo from each of the daily blogs I posted. I hope you have enjoyed the blog updates as I have shared them.  

If you have missed it, I started ending each update blog with the words, "Pura Vida." You see it every where here and it means, "Pure Life."

Here are today's selected photos.

We ate lunch at Restaurante Las Oropendolas near Charlie's home

We ate lunch at Restaurante Las Oropendolas near Charlie's home

We ate lunch at Restaurante Las Oropendolas near Charlie's home

We ate lunch at Restaurante Las Oropendolas near Charlie's home

We ate lunch at Restaurante Las Oropendolas near Charlie's home

That's all for today.



Costa Rica is Pura Vida



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.