Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Seven Days in New Orleans - Some rain, streetcars, and boats

St. Louis Cathedral in French Quarters

Seven Days in New Orleans - Some rain, streetcars, and boats
- Monday and Tuesday have sorta been unplanned whatever happens days.  To some degree both days were overcast and we did get some good thunderstorms Sunday night and late Monday afternoon.  Today, Tuesday was forecast as the rainy day and "not a drop" so far.  Actually, I am recovering from my left hand contusion okay but the soreness of my upper body and stomach situation has been slow but improving. Not sure, but I think the soreness and stomach problems where somehow an after effect of my "fall" Saturday.  Nevertheless, I am feeling pretty good and just have a small irregular "dry cough" mostly at night.  

Monday, I continued to hang around the hotel and observe the world through my picture window in my room but got out and about today.  I rode a bus uptown on Magazine Street to Uptown Eye Care first thing and a very nice lady fixed up my glasses frame which I damaged just a little in my fall Saturday.  After that I walked up a few blocks to the St. Charles Streetcar line and rode the streetcar to the end of the line and then rode all the way back downtown to Canal Street.  Then caught Canal Streetcar back to the hotel.  After a brief stay in my room, I decided to take the 2 PM Creole Queen Paddle wheel cruise to Chalmette  Battlefield.  Nice cool breeze made for an enjoyable trip. 

So I conclude my seven days in New Orleans tomorrow morning, pack up, and head for the Amtrak station to catch the 1:45 PM City of New Orleans arriving in Chicago if on time 9:00 AM Thursday.  Spend a few hours in the Metropolitan Lounge for sleeping car passengers and then board the 2:00 PM California Zephyr.  Hopefully, I'll arrive near the 1:53 PM scheduled time in Glenwood Springs, CO, Friday.  Looking forward to two nights in the Hotel Denver.  I'll plan to post another update blog Saturday night in Glenwood Springs.  

Here and a few selected photos from Monday and Tuesday including one of the Cafe Adelaide for my friends Mark and Megan in Adelaide, Australia.

Creole Queen Paddle wheel 

Carnival Elation departs New Orleans twice a week

Tugboat in rainy river

Cafe Aidelaide on Poydras

Uptown Eyecare repaired my glasses

St Charles Ave Streetcar

St Charles Ave Streetcar

End of the Line

End of line station and miniature streetcar

St Charles Ave Streetcar No. 953

Along the way on St. Charles Ave.

Along the way on St. Charles Ave.

Canal Street Streetcar

Military Ships 

Chalmette Battlefield National Park

Chalmette Battlefield National Park

Creole Queen Cruise

Creole Queen Cruise

Creole Queen Cruise- a little traffic on the Mississppi

It's been enjoyable in New Orleans.  I did not really plan on the "fall" and left hand "contusion" but thankful that healing is in progress and God loves not only me but all of you.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.