Friday, May 22, 2015

Seven Days in New Orleans - Audubon Zoo and St Charles Ave Streetcar

St Charles Ave Streetcar at Audubon Zoo

Seven Days in New Orleans - Audubon Zoo and St Charles Ave Streetcar - Thursday was zoo day for me. I did two of my favorite things in New Orleans and added a new experience on Thursday.  The new thing was my visit to the Audubon Zoo.  The two favorites was riding the St Charles Ave Streetcar to an from the zoo and eating lunch at Mother's restaurant.  In fact, I enjoyed my late lunch too much and suffered through an upset an stomach overnight.  I enjoyed the zoo and really liked the streetcar ride and lunch at Mother's.  After I returned to my Hilton Hotel room I got to see the cruise ship Carnival's Elation depart down the Mississippi outside my room.  

When you notice that you received two emails today, it is not an error.  I just decided I had two separate type days and photos so I did two update posts -- one for each day.  

Here are some selected photos from my day at the Audubon Zoo and riding the St Charles Ave Streetcar.
Audubon Zoo Entrance

Elephant Statuary

Gorilla Up Close and Too Personal

Orangutan

Young deer

Birds and Turtles

Floating house in Louisiana swamp

Not that rare a scene in Louisiana

Bueaty


St Charles Ave Streetcar

Me on the streetcar

Cruise ship Elation departing New Orleans

Day ended sorta stormy
Thanks for following me on my travels via this travel and photo blog especially those of you who receive the update posts in your email inbox.  If you know of others including other family members that would enjoy reading about my adventures and seeing my photography please encourage them to sign up.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.