Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Seven Days in New Orleans - Riverfront Views and Streetcar Ride

Streetcar Art in Lobby of Hilton Riverside, New Orleans

Seven Days in New Orleans - Riverfront Views and Streetcar Ride - I was up early 4 AM in Nashville to get to my 7:50 AM Southwest flight to New Orleans.  Quick smooth flight and prompt airport shuttle to the Hilton Riverside Hotel and I was in my chosen room by 10:45 AM.  Room 2614 is the same room I had in January and, yes, I did actually choose this room.  Hilton has now begun allowing HHonors members to check-in the day prior to arrival and choose your room from interactive floor plans on-line.  Why do I like room 2614?  Well, let me show you with this photo.

View of Mississippi Riverfront from my room
A great lazy way to relax and watch the river activity.  I plan to do a lot of reading and relaxing in that chair this coming week.

Enjoyed visiting the Riverwalk shops and food court  for mid afternoon lunch of red beans and rice and then checking out the executive lounge on 29th floor of the Hilton for bottled water and early evening light meal.  Also checked out the Canal Street Streetcar and rode out to City Park and back.  Will return to City Park later when I can go earlier to visit the art museum and other attractions.  Well, I should also acknowledge to you that it is warm and humid here.  It's summertime.

Here are some select photos for today.

Mississippi River from my room window

Steamship Natchez cruising  past my room window
May need to do lunch on the Natchez this week

Hilton Riverside Hotel- my home this week

Canal Street Streetcars

Operator Turning my Streetcar at City Park for return trip back to downtown

Streetcar loading at beginning of Canal Street downtown

Mississippi River from my room at dusk 

Enjoy life, friends, wherever you may be this week.  I'll check back in with you in a couple days.  Time for a few lazy unplanned days in New Orleans for me.  I'll try to be as unproductive as possible these next days.  


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.