Sunday, May 24, 2015

Seven Days in New Orleans - City Park and Medical Emergency

Canal Street Streetcar - My favorite mode of transportation

Seven Days in New Orleans - City Park and Medical Emergency - Yes, you read the title right.   The last 36 hours for me in New Orleans have not been the best.  I'll let the photos tell you the story.  I did begin Saturday riding my favorite New Orleans transportation mode -- the streetcars.  I rode out to City Park to visit the Museum Of Art and visited the Sculpture Gardens and did some walking in the park.  Back at the hotel Saturday afternoon I decided to walk 1.1 miles to the Amtrak station.  While not lost, I did fail to make a turn I should have and ended up walking through lots of parking exits for parking garages for U.S Post office and near the Superdome and adjacent area.  Unfortunately, I tripped over one of the high curbs and fell on my left hand.  While I felt okay, I decided to go to the Tulane Medical Center emergency room.  Fortunately, I did not break any bones and they diagnosed I had a left hand contusion.  They did give me a Technic shot and bandaged my wound.  

Whether because of "nerves" or a actual stomach virus, I ended up throwing up most of the night and did not recover and actually slept about 5 am this morning so I stayed in bed and slept until just past 1 pm.  Went to nearby soft frozen yogurt shop and ate yogurt for late lunch and then back to the room to sleep part of the afternoon.  So Sunday was my day of sleeping and resting.  Visited the executive lounge of hotel and had couple pieces of catfish for evening meal so hopefully I am mending.  Right now, looks like Monday and Tuesday may be days of not much activity.  Wednesday I depart on my nine day Amtrak adventure.

Here are my selected photos from Saturday and one of me resting in my favorite chair today, Sunday.

Canal Street with frequent streetcars to multiple destinations 

City Park Museum of Arts

Entrance to the Sculpture Garden

Typical sculpture in the park

I like this sculpture of bench sitters

i decide to join this guy on the bench

Yes, a safety pin sculpture

Back near the hotel I decided it was "sno-ball" time

Amtrak City of New Orleans departing on Saturday.
This is the train I will depart on Wednesday, May 27

Visited the Tulane Medical Center Emergency Room 
 /ri
Visited the Tulane Medical Center Emergency Room

Thanksfully, only a contusion and no broken bones

Sunday, A forced day of rest mostly in bed but some here in my favorite chair

May not be many pictures Monday and Tuesday but I'll plan to do another blog update post Tuesday evening.  Incidentally, I now know if I do two blog posts on same day, the two blog posts are combined into only one email and not two separate emails as I mentioned in previous updates.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.