Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hawaii March 2015 - Two Days in Paradise - New Beach, Leonard's Bakery, Sunset, Fireworks

Reagan - View from My Lanai

Two Days in Paradise - New Beach, Leonard's Bakery, Sunset, Fireworks - A full enjoyable two days exploring Ala Moana beach, moving higher to the 24 floor of the Rainbow Tower, getting monthly sticker for my THE BUS senior pass, taking THE BUS to Leonard's Bakery for Malasadas(pastry), seeing my first blazing sunset, and watching the Friday night fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort.

The picture above is me on my lanai overlooking Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head Volcano.  Below in just a sampling of the photos I took over these two days.

My first time on this beach so very close to the Rainbow Tower

That the Rainbow Tower with the Rainbow Mural 

Waikiki and Diamond Head from Ala Moana Beach area

Sailboat passing in front of Rainbow Tower

Diamond Head

Fisherman

Marina with Rainbow Tower in Background

Marina from my Rainbow Tower Lanai

View of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head from my Lanai

View of Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head from my Lanai

Starbucks Breakfast Sandwich and Coffee at the Hilton

Entrance Statuary at Hilton Hawaiian Village 

Leonard's Bakery
Malasadas from Leonard's Bakery
Yummy Malasadas(Pastry)


Reagan on my Rainbow Lanai 

Honolulu Sunset with sailboats in foreground

Honolulu Sunset with sailboats in foreground

Sun almost over the horizon



Friday ended with fireworks at the Hilton

No particular plans for Saturday but do plan to attend Sunday services at University Avenue Baptist Church.  Unlike my previous visits I have not scheduled any tours, sightseeing, etc.so everyday will be a new adventure with lots of "hang loose" time.  I've been reading the latest Alex Cross mystery from James Patterson.  It's getting pretty intense so "reading" in one of my activities on this visit.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.

************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.