Friday, March 20, 2015

Hawaii March 2015 - Friends Reunion - Wednesday and Thursday in Paradise

My View While Eating Breakfast on Lanai
Lots of Walking and Reunions with Friends - My second week in paradise is having few planned activities while enjoying getting together with friends.  Wednesday evening I met up with Phillip and Laura Hasha(brother and sister-in-law with Eric and Cristy Bradley) at the Old Spaghetti Factory in the Ward Center near downtown Honolulu.  We had a great time visiting together and catching up with each other.  An unexpected surprise for me was discovering a new location of Waiola Shave Ice in the Ward Center.  Everyone had told me it was the best shave ice on Oahu and I now agree.  I'll have to go back before coming home to get a larger shave ice since I was meeting the Hasha's for dinner.  

Thursday late afternoon and evening I was invited by friends from University Avenue Baptist Church Edmund and Laura Urabe to join them at the Hawaii Convention Center near my hotel for first session of the annual conference of the Hawaii International Ministry.  This is a three day non-denominational gathering in Honolulu of Christians from all the islands of Hawaii with guests from all over the world.  I really enjoyed reuniting with Laura and Edmund and was blessed by the session we attended together.  The conference 2015 theme - MIGHTILY INSPIRED!

Here are a sampling of photos I took Wednesday and Thursday.


Lunch at CJ's New York Style Deli at HHV

Lots of birds and other creatures on the property at HHV

Statuary at HHV

Flowers at HHV

Flowers at HHV

More birds at HHV

Turtle at HHV

Another view of Diamond Head from my lanai
Waiola Shave Ice at Ward Center

Waiola Shave Ice at Ward Center


Friends Phillip and Laura Hasha at Old Spaghetti Factory

A wedding ceremony on beach below my lanai

Beachfront of Hale Koa Resort

Beachfront Activities

Beachfront Activities

Beach scene in Waikiki

Food truck park in Waikiki

Moana Surfrider - Oldest Hotel in Waikiki

Waikiki Beach

My new favorite soft frozen yogurt place in Waikiki

Sheraton Waikiki and Royal Hawaiian Resorts

Surfers?

Below my lanai

Phillip and Laura Urabe with me at Honolulu Convention Center

View inside of the Convention Center

Hawaii Convention Center

Coming home to the Rainbow Tower Thursday night



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.

************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.