Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hawaii March 2015 - My Two Favorite Hawaii Treats

My Favorite Hawaiian Treat - Shave Ice

Hawaiian Shave Ice and Dole's Pineapple Whip -- My American Airlines flights from Nashville to Honolulu are just days away.  I thought you might like to know why I have selected Dole's Pineapple Whip as the blog posts theme photo for all my Hawaii March 2015 posts.  Whenever I am in Hawaii(or mainland Disney Parks) I seek out and eat lots of Dole Pineapple Whip.  The theme photo was taken at the Dole Plantation which is on the road from Honolulu to the North Shore.  The pictured concoction includes pieces of pineapple with the soft frozen pineapple whip.  Yummy.  Here is the original photo:

Dole's Pineapple Whip with Pineapple Pieces

My other favorite Hawaiian treat is, of course, Shave Ice.  I seek out and treat myself to shave ice many times on each trip.  The lead photo above and the photo below were my treat in April 2009 after I conquered the Diamond Head Volcano trail to the top.  On my way back I came across a shave ice truck near the entrance to the park and rewarded myself for the accomplishment.  Here are photos of the Shave Ice Truck and the shave ice.

Shave Ice Truck at Entrance to Diamond Head Trail Park

Yummy Hawaiian Shave Ice

The shave ice photos are from the Diamond Head hike photo gallery.  Here is the link to that gallery.

Photo Gallery Diamond Head Road, Lighthouse, and Trail Scenes April 2009

I have cancelled my Marriott Nashville Airport reservation for this Tuesday so I will be driving from my home to the airport early Wednesday morning leaving my car at my usual place Flight Park parking facility.  I still plan to make a blog post Tuesday night after I have packed and am ready to travel.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also click on the  highlighted gallery title above to open this photo gallery. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.

************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.