Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hawaii March 2015 - After Seven Days, Only Seven Days Remain

Lighting the Torches -- Every Evening at 6 PM

After Seven Days, Only Seven Days Remain -   I am really enjoying my time in Honolulu.  The first half of my two weeks in paradise seems to have flown by.  I've really mastered the art of "hanging loose".  The weather has been sunny.  Until last night it was quite windy but the winds have calmed down these past two days and I have enjoyed hanging out on my lanai watching the setting sun and all the "winding down" activities each evening.

I'm looking forward to getting together with Hawaii friends over the next several days.  Heading to The Old Spaghetti Factory with Philip and Lauren Hasha Wednesday night and meeting my friends Edmund and Laura Urabe from University Avenue Baptist Church Thursday and possibly attending some Christian services over the weekend at the convention center with them.

Here are another sampling of the photos I taken these two days Monday and Tuesday.  

My attempt at a selfie from my lanai

Sunrise over Diamond Head Monday morning with moon way above.

View of the Rainbow Tower through the trees and flowers in Great Lawn

Monday Sunset

The Beach below my lanai Tuesday morning

View toward Diamond Head and the Lagoon in front of the Rainbow Tower

Food Truck parked in front of Rainbow Tower in public beach area

Rainbow Tower - My lanai is 24 floors up on the right

The Bare Foot Food Shack at neighboring Hale Koa Resort where I've gotten my Shave Ice

Yep, I ate Mexican food at Maui Tacos in Royal Hawaiian Center tonight

Turtle Statuary at Sheraton Waikiki Resort

Found Rocking Chairs at Sheraton Waikiki overlooking the Royal Hawaiian Hotel

My view from Rocking Chair at Sheraton Waikiki

THE BUS - How I get around if not walking

Lots of water sports equipment for rent on the beach

Hilton Beach with outrigger canoe passing by

Evening lighting of the torches at Hilton Hawaiian Village

Tuesday Sunset

Outrigger canoes coming ashore after sunset

Same outrigger canoes

My first drone sighting ever. The drone is right near center of the photo with lights glowing

Tuesday night after sunset glow - downtown Honolulu 



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.

************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.