Saturday, January 31, 2015

Reagan's January 2015 Amtrak Winter Rail Trip Photo Galleries Are Ready To View

Rocky Mountains of West Colorado

I'm home in Nashville/Franklin TN - I returned home to Nashville Tuesday, January 27, after a good eight day journey that included flying from Nashville to Emeryville, CA, and a four day journey on Amtrak's California Zephyr and City of New Orleans across the snowy and beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains and the Rocky Mountains through Chicago and on to New Orleans, LA.

I was so impressed with the winter landscape that I took over 900 photos.  Knowing only I would want to view all those photos at one sitting, I've divided them into eight galleries and will introduce them to you a gallery at a time via this blog with a few personal comments.  For anyone who wants to view all the galleries here is the link:  2015 Amtrak Winter Rail Trip January.

Days 1 and 2 Tuesday and Wednesday January 20-21
Departing Nashville by Air
Tuesday was Air Travel Day (Photo Gallery One).  Early Tuesday morning I departed Nashville via American Airlines at 7 AM on a nice clear sunny day.  After a short stay in Dallas/Fort Worth, I continued on to San Francisco on another American Airlines flight arriving about 2 PM Pacific Time.  Surprisingly after picking up my luggage, the Super Shuttle I  booked on line was prompt and delivered me to my Hyatt House Hotel in Emeryville by 4 PM after a tour through San Francisco and then across the Bay Bridge.  I have stayed in this hotel twice before so they know I like and give me a room overlooking the Amtrak Emeryville Station.  After arriving and unpacking, I discovered I had left my toiletry kit at the Embassy Suites in Nashville where I had stayed overnight Monday.  (I did call the Embassy Suites and they had my kit which I picked up on return to Nashville.)  So my first activity was to head to the Emeryville Target to pick up a new toiletry bag and restock.


View of San Francisco Across the Bay
Wednesday was A Day in Emeryville - Walk to Emery Cove (Photo Gallery Two).  Emeryville sits on the east side of the Bay Bridge and is a very clean modern city between Oakland and Berkeley.  After breakfast at the hotel, I began my day's adventure by visiting the Amtrak station for some rail fanning and also took a nice long walk from the hotel along the shores of the Bay out a long peninsular to Emery Cove.  There were lots of views across the Bay of San Francisco which was clothed in a light fog.  This photo gallery contains the views of my walk including a few pieces of unique art.


One of the Amtrak California Trains
Also Wednesday included Amtrak Rail Photos at Emeryville Station (Photo Gallery Three)  One of the reasons I enjoy being in Emeryville and at the Hyatt House Hotel is being able to watch all the passenger rail action all day long.  In addition to the two long distance Amtrak trains the California Zephyr and the Coast Starlight, there and multiple Amtrak California trains to Sacramento, San Jose, and inland to central California.  So check out some of my Amtrak action photos.

My 2015 Winter Rail Trip Adventure on the California Zephyr started Thursday, January 22.  The next blog updates will share with you those photo galleries.

You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also click on the individual gallery titles to open that photo gallery on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS -- Be sure to sign up for email updates by submitting your email address in the "Follow by Email" sign up box in the top right sidebar where it says, "Follow by Email - Submit Your Email to Receive Email Updatesor CLICK HERE to sign up now.