Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcome and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE To Receive Email Updates

Yes, welcome to my Travel and Photo Galleries Update blog.  Primary purpose of this blog is to update you on my travel and other photo gallery updates on my website Reagan's Photo Galleries.  Why a blog linking to my photo galleries website?  So you can SUBSCRIBE to receive notice each time I update my blog and photo galleries website. If you would like to keep up with my travel and other photo gallery updates, please do subscribe to this blog. Please submit your EMAIL to receive email notice when I update this blog and my photo galleries.  I will post to this blog each time I add photos to the website and I'll also post "as I travel" updates to this blog.  So, welcome, and please subscribe using the email signup gadget in the right side column beneath my name and "about me".

My first 2015 Amtrak Rail Adventure -- I depart Tuesday, January 20, flying American Airlines to San Francisco, CA.  I will stay two nights in Emeryville, CA, at the Hyatt House Hotel adjacent Amtrak's Emeryville station.  Thursday morning, January 22, I will board Amtrak's California Zephyr departing at 9:10 Pacific Time in Sleeping Car 631 bound for Chicago, IL, via Reno, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Glenwood Springs, CO; Denver, CO; Omaha, NE; and Otumwa, IA.  Highlight of trip will be traversing the Sierra Nevadas and the Rocky Mountains.  The California Zephyr is scheduled to arrive in Chicago mid afternoon Saturday, January 24.  I will be connecting to Amtrak City of New Orleans departing Chicago at 8:05pm Saturday night in Sleeping car 5900 traveling overnight via Memphis, TN, arriving in New Orleans mid afternoon Sunday, January 25.  After two nights in the Hilton Riverside I will depart New Orleans via Southwest Airlines at 3pm Tuesday, January 27, bound for home in Nashville/Franklin, TN.  I'll post update blogs here while traveling so sign up your email to receive and read the blog updates in your email.

Photo Galleries from my 2014 Amtrak trip -- I did this trip in reverse last July and posted two galleries from both of these trains in my photo gallery website here:  Gallery 1 - California Zephyr and Gallery 2 - City of New Orleans.