Monday, January 19, 2015

Reagan's Winter Amtrak Rail Adventure Begins


Hyatt Place Hotel - Emeryville, CA
I have planned and packed and am spending the night at the Embassy Suites - Nashville Airport to be near the airport for my 7:30 AM American flight to Dallas-Ft Worth Tuesday morning and then on to San Francisco(SFO) arriving 1:50 PM Pacific Time.  Should be interesting getting from SFO to my hotel in Emeryville/Oakland across the Bay.  I have a shuttle reservation with Super Shuttle so hopefully I make it to the Hyatt Place Hotel sometime tomorrow.  I'll let you know how that works out after I get to the hotel.  

I will enjoy two nights and a day in Emeryville and yes, I'll do some rail fanning since my hotel overlooks the rail tracks and Emeryville station from which the California Zephyr departs 9:10 AM Thursday morning.  I hope to post a photo or two to my Reagan's Travel and Photo Galleries Update blog.

Emeryville Amtrak Station - View from Hyatt Place Hotel

The two photos above are from my 2013 visit to Emeryville Photo Gallery.

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS -- Be sure to sign up for email updates by submitting your email address in the "Follow by Email" sign up box in the right side column under "about me" where it says, "Follow by Email - Submit Your Email to Receive Email Updates"