Monday, January 12, 2015

Amtrak Winter Rail Adventure is Just One Week Away


Yep, in one week January 20 I fly to San Francisco, CA, to stay two nights at the Hyatt House Hotel in Emeryville before beginning my winter Amtrak California Zephyr trip.  That's the hotel in the picture above taken from the Amtrak station in October 2013 as I arrived on the California Zephyr.  Even though I did this previous trip in October, an early snow in the Sierra Nevada's whetted my appetite to travel this train again in wintertime.  Here are a few photos from my photo galleries albums CALIFORNIA ZEPHYR OCTOBER 2013.  You can see all the photos in these photo galleries by clicking on this album name.  Also you can click on the photos in this blog for a larger photo.

After Departing Reno, NV, we entered the Sierra Nevada's
This is view from last car of the train as we approached Truckee, CA
We made a station stop in Truckee, CA
View of California Zephyr traveling over snowy Sierra Nevada's

View of California Zephyr traveling over snowy Sierra Nevada's

View of California Zephyr traveling over snowy Sierra Nevada's
Thank you to those of you who signed up and verified your email to receive these blog updates by email.  If you are reading this blog and have not signed up, please do.  As I travel next week I will be posting short status updates so you can keep up with me.

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS -- Be sure to sign up for email updates by submitting your email address in the "Follow by Email" sign up box in the right side column under "about me" where it says, "Follow by Email - Submit Your Email to Receive Email Updates"