Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Lots of Walking and Some Rail fanning in Emeryville, CA

Reagan - Across the Bay is San Francisco

A very full day - I began this day visiting the Emeryville Amtrak Station to see today's California Zephyr depart and rail fanning in general.  Walking from the station I discovered and enjoyed walking through a State Park along the Bay out a peninsula to an area named Emery Cove.  All along the paved walking path you could see across to the Bay Bridge and San Francisco.  The city itself appeared to be covered by fog.  In the photo above San Francisco across the Bay is in the background.  All the people I passed along the walk were very friendly and two very nice ladies took this photo for me.

I also passed a few pieces of unique local art work as I walked.  I've included a couple photos of this art work along with some selected scenes as I walked and a few rail fanning photos.  I did return to the Emeryville Station this afternoon to meet the California Zephyr as it arrived from Chicago.  The equipment on this train is turned overnight here in Oakland and will be my train Thursday morning. 

This is probably my last update blog post until Sunday night after I arrive in New Orleans.  Amtrak long distance trains do not have WiFi.  I might try to do a short narrative without photos update from my Samsung tablet using my Verizon cellular phone as a hot spot.  I will not take my laptop into the roomette on the train.  The 7 inch Samsung tablet is mainly my Nook(B&N) e-reader.

I took lots of photos for my photo galleries after I get home.  Here are just a few.   You can click on the photos to see a larger version.

Emeryville Art


More Emeryville Art

Unique Wind Direction Vane


San Francisco Across the Bay

California Zephyr Arriving in Emeryville
Thanks to you 27 followers who have signed up to receive my updates by email.  

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS -- Be sure to sign up for email updates by submitting your email address in the "Follow by Email" sign up box in the right side column under "about me" where it says, "Follow by Email - Submit Your Email to Receive Email Updates"