Friday, June 3, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Via Rail's Ocean and Train 63 Friday-Saturday June 3-4

Reagan on Atlantic Coast beach south of Halifax, NS

So long, Halifax and Nova Scotia! One last look at a photo from the Atlantic Coast of Nova Scotia. Boarding Via Rail's Ocean train departing Halifax today Friday at 1 PM.  Arriving 10 AM Saturday in Montreal and connecting to Via Rail Train 65 continuing on to Toronto for late afternoon arrival.  Will be staying three nights at the Toronto Hilton.

I really enjoyed my stay in Halifax.  With a little more time, I would have explored The Citadel fortress although I did ride up to the entrance in time to see and hear the canon shot which happens every day at noon.  Halifax is a place I would return to more in mid summer when it was a little warmer than my experience.  It's a great city to be outdoors.  

Thanks for reading my blog.  I be updating from Toronto tomorrow night.