Saturday, June 4, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Back in Toronto, Saturday, June 4

Meet Joanne, My Sleeper Attendant on Via Rail

Yea, after about 28 hours on Via Rail's Ocean and Train 65, I arrived back in Toronto about 4:30 PM this afternoon.  I really enjoyed the Ocean trip but must confess the almost 6 hours ride from Montreal to Toronto did me in.  So much so, that I have cancelled the return trip to Montreal next Tuesday. Instead I will stay five nights here at the Toronto Hilton and take Amtrak's Maple Leaf on Thursday to Albany, NY. Sunday is forecast to be rainy in Toronto clearing up Monday through Wednesday.  So tomorrow is a day of rest. Planning to join First Baptist Church, Nashville's worship service tomorrow morning via UStream and the Internet. FBC was my home church 1966 to 2003.  I have already booked an all day trip to Niagara Falls for Monday.  Sometime in these next days, I'll visit Eaton(Shopping) Centre. So keep watching for these updates.

Today's featured photo is of my sleeping car attendant Joann. She was my attendant on both Ocean trips going to and coming back from Halifax. I enjoyed talking with her and she seemed genuinely interested in hearing about my travels, family, and life. She was a great listener and even shared some things about her life. She will be disappointed that I am not returning to Montreal.  

Have a great worship day Sunday, everyone!