Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Last Full Day In Canada Wednesday, June 8

The Moose is Associated With Canada
While not the national animal(that's the beaver) lots of Canada associates the moose with their country.  The moose in this photo is in the Toronto Convention Center which I saw on the way to the Ripley's Aquarium of Canada. My visit to the aquarium was one of my least favorite things I have done in Canada. The aquarium is very similar to the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN. The difference today was the overwhelming crush of school children wall to wall in the museum numbering in the 100's if not 1,000's. It was so crowded, the children were sitting in groups with their leaders in the exhibit area on the floor eating their lunch.  I must say they were mostly well behaved. The problem was the overwhelming number and crush of the school children.

After leaving the aquarium I "hopped" on the hop on hop off bus for an almost two hour tour of the city. When the bus stopped very near my hotel, I decided it was a good time(after 2 PM) to "hop off" and head to my room for a quiet afternoon in the room. About 5 PM I made my last visit to Eaton Centre for my evening meal in the huge food court occupying the full bottom floor of the mall. Now I am back in my room and it "packing" time again.  

Another early morning tomorrow(Thursday) to get to Union Station and board Amtrak's Maple Leaf for a 8:20 AM departure.  We will cross the border into the USA at Niagara Falls where we go through customs before continuing on to Albany, NY.  Scheduled arrival time is 6:55 PM meaning another long day on the train in coach seats.

So, this is my last update from Canada. Tomorrow's update will come from the USA. I'm ready to be back in the USA.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.