Friday, June 10, 2016

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip June 2016 - Albany, NY, Friday, June 10

New York State Capitol Building in Albany, NY

Amtrak Train departing Albany, NY

My first full day back in the USA has been relaxing to an extent. This morning I took a city bus north to Colonie Mall just to check it out and eat a slice of pepperoni pizza for lunch. I looked several times but was not successful in Canada in finding a place for a simple small pizza. Yes, there were pizza restaurants but they piled them high with lots of things I don't particularly like. After lunch I returned to the hotel for a short while and then took the city bus again this time over the Hudson River to Rensselaer, NY, to watch the trains come and go for a while. Now back in the hotel relaxing for the evening.

Tomorrow, I have rail tickets to travel to Pougkeepsie, NY, for a day trip. For now, tomorrow is predicted to be one of the warmest days of my trip but also scattered thunderstorms(some possibly severe) are predicted. Pougkeepsie has several riverside walks, etc., on the banks of the Hudson River.  Here is hoping the rain will not interfere too much.

The two photos above represent my vision of Albany - the State Capitol Building and Amtrak train departing the Albany-Rensselaer Amtrak Station.  


 You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.