Thursday, June 9, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Back in the USA Thursday, June 9

Last Canadian Flag Just Before Leaving Niagara Falls, Canada

A
Crossing the Niagara River leaving Canada and entering USA

First USA Flag Entering Niagara Falls, NY, USA

Back in the USA - I left Toronto 8:20 AM this morning on Amtrak's Maple Leaf Train operated by Via Rail to the border in Niagara Falls, OT, Canada, and an all new Amtrak crew once we entered Niagara Falls, NY, USA. All passengers and the train equipment were processed by USA Customs immediately after we crossed into the USA.  Process went smoothly but we still had to get off the train for a short while and wait in the Customs offices as K-9 dogs went through the train sniffing for drugs, etc. Train then operated on time all the way here to Albany, NY, arriving here at 6:50 PM.  A short taxi ride and I was in my room at the Hilton Albany.  Took just a short time to walk a block or two around the hotel which is located right at the capitol building visible from my room. 

If I can, tomorrow will be a leisurely day checking out the area via the "bus" system. Saturday I will travel Amtrak just over an hour south to Poughkeepsie, NY along the banks of the Hudson River.  Sunday, not sure.  There are three churches immediately adjacent to my hotel although they are Catholic, Episcopal, and one named St. Peter's so no Protestant churches.  I'll check that out tomorrow.

I chose the photos above to represent my officially exiting Canada and returning to my home country USA.  It's good to be home in the USA.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.