Sunday, June 5, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Toronto Sunday, June 5

Flock of Canadian Geese Landing at Eaton Centre 

The above photo is actually art work of life size geese from metal and photographs which were installed for the opening of Eaton Centre in 1979. Today has been a day of "taking it easy". It did include a walk to Union Station to pick up my Amtrak tickets for my train from Toronto to Albany, NY. I had to pick up the tickets since it is a international trip during which I will pass through US Customs in Niagara Falls, NY. After picking up my tickets I took the subway to Eaton Centre for about an hour. That's when I took this photo of a landing flock of Canadian Geese. Very impressive in person.

I returned to the hotel and connected my laptop to the internet and joined my long time home church, First Baptist Nashville, for today's worship service. The service was very moving and the sermon for "refugee" Sunday was excellent. While I am very happy at Forest Hills Baptist(just 3 miles from home) I do miss my former church family and great worship services.

I visited the Starbucks in my hotel twice today. First visit was for breakfast and tonight I ate a light snack supper after visiting my hotel lounge for appetizers.  

Niagara Falls is the destination for tomorrow. I will take my only all day motor coach tour for this trip.  I'll be touring 9 am to 7 pm.  Niagara Falls is about 90 minutes from Toronto.  Check my update tomorrow for a report on my trip.  I'm thinking the feature photo with be of the Falls. 


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.