Sunday, April 24, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Wrap Up Post 3 of 3

Amtrak's California Zephyr Crossing the Sierra Nevadas


Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Wrap Up Post 3 of 3

Wrapping up all the photo galleries for my Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure with today's update post.  Here are the final four photo galleries.  These document my return from Seattle to New Orleans over five days and four nights on three different Amtrak trains - the Coast Starlight from Seattle to Sacramento, CA; the California Zephyr from Sacramento to Chicago; and the City of New Orleans Chicago to New Orleans.  One of the highlights was traveling through Oregon and particularly Eugene, OR, where current Tennessee Titans' quarterback Marcus Mariota played for the University of Oregon and won the Heisman Trophy in 2014-2015 season.  I enjoyed a brief layover in Sacramento, CA, and visited the nearby Old Sacramento.  The California Zephyr carried me over both the Sierra Nevadas in California and the Rocky Mountains in Colorado.  The City of New Orleans delivered me overnight to my native Louisiana and a couple days of "rest" for a very tired man.

All eleven photo galleries are accessible here:  



Individually, each of the last four galleries may be access by clicking the bold captions below each of the photos below:

Seattle to Sacramento on Amtrak's Coast Starlight Photo Gallery



Layover in Sacramento, CA, Photo Gallery



Sacramento to Chicago on Amtrak's California Zephyr Photo Gallery

Chicago to New Orleans on Amtrak's City of New Orleans

Friends, that's a WRAP!  While I returned home a little more tired than from previous trips, I always look forward to planning and going on my next train trip.  Actually, the next one is already booked and I'll be flying to Toronto, Canada, May 28 to begin my Canadian train adventure to Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.  I will be posting regular updates as I travel on my Canadian adventure.

I will be traveling to my Northwest Louisiana home May 8-14. Since this will be a family time together trip, I am not planning to post blog updates for this trip. I simply want to enjoy being with my family.  I might post a few "Facebook" updates on Facebook.

I hope you enjoyed keeping up with me on my Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure. I'll be back posting updates beginning May 28 from Toronto, Canada. In the meantime, save the link above to all the eleven photo galleries and the continue to enjoy them at your leisure.




My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law as he continues to recover from 5 bypass heart surgery April 11. And will also visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she has built and moved into this month April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15

 Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Last six months of 2016 may have some smaller trips planned but for now no more big trips planned for this year.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.