Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Time With Friends On My Last Day in Seattle April 6


Good Time With the Moody's in Seattle

Time With Friends Jacob and Kelly Moody on my last day in Seattle

My last full day in Seattle and a great ending getting together with dear friends Jacob and Kelly Moody and their three children - another group of happy and active young people. They picked me up to eat supper on the Seattle waterfront.  I really enjoyed catching up with Jacob while we ate.  Yes, Jacob, was another of those 10th grade guys I worked with in youth ministry at First Baptist Church, Nashville.

I've mostly repacked to continue my Amtrak adventure departing Thursday morning 9:30 AM from Seattle to Sacramento, CA, on the Coast Starlight. Friday morning I will change trains in Sacramento to the California Zephyr bound to Chicago via Salt Lake City, UT, and Denver, CO, arriving in Chicago Sunday afternoon.  Sunday night I board the City of New Orleans and travel overnight to New Orleans arriving Monday afternoon.

Today was a relaxing day. I revisited Pike's Market Place and Westlake Center for lunch overlooking the Monorail. Did some packing this afternoon and then met my friends Jacob and Kelly Moody for supper.

Here are just a few photos from today.

Pike Market Center above Pudget Sound

One of the interesting shops in Pike's Market Center

Interesting Mural at Pike's Market Place

Eating Lunch overlooking the Monorail in Seattle Westlake Center

I'll be taking photos while riding the trains but will save posting my next update after arriving in New Orleans.  I'll be staying in a new hotel for me - the Hilton Garden Inn just across Canal Street from the French Quarters.  The price was right and my favorite Hilton Riverside was not available.

Prayer Request Reminder - Please remember to be praying for my brother-in-law Bobby Youngblood.  He is scheduled to have open heart bypass surgery this Monday, April 11.


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law hopefully recovering from open heart surgery scheduled for Monday, April 11.  And need to visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she had built and is moving into mid April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.