Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Five Day Four Nights on Amtrak Trains - April 7-11

Mt Hood as seen from Portland, Oregon


Five Days Four Nights on Three Amtrak Trains - April 7-11


Since I last posted my last update in Seattle seems and is a continent away and a long tiring journey.  Actually, I enjoyed every minute on all three Amtrak trains but am so tired I did not do this update after arriving in New Orleans yesterday about 3 PM.  With no alarm set, I slept until 9:11 AM CDT this morning and took another nap this afternoon.  Yes, I would do it all over again but my checked baggage had a better idea and got to New Orleans a day early via the three nights on the Empire Builder and City of New Orleans which is the route I took going to Seattle.

Needless to say I enjoyed the whole trip.  One of the highlights was passing through Marcus Mariota's college playing State of Oregon.  I enjoyed talking with lots of Mariota fans while passing through Oregon. That's why the lead photo above was chosen.  Here are a few photos of Eugene, Oregon where the University is located.  

Eugene, Oregon Amtrak Depot

Srteet in front of Eugene Station

Eugene Depot Sign

Passed by the Oregon campus and this is view of the top of the stadium Marcus Mariota played his college career

If some you who follow my travel blog are not aware, Marcus Mariota is now the quarterback for our Tennessee Titans who won the Heisman Trophy playing for the University of Oregon located in Eugene, Oregon. Incidentally, he is also a native of Hawaii from Honolulu's St Luis School.

When I selected the photos to represent these five days traveling I chose 55 so instead of adding them all to this blog post and the email you receive, I created a "preview" photo album and uploaded the photos to my photo galleries website. You can get to those photos by clicking the bold blog title below the feature photo above or clicking this link:

Amtrak Spring 2016 Preview - 4 Nights on 3 Trains

Hope you enjoy the photos at your leisure.
Tomorrow afternoon April 13 I fly Southwest Airlines home to Nashville. Looking forward to a couple weeks at home doing church, seeing doctors, etc.


Prayer Request Update - My brother-in-law Bobby Youngblood had 5 bypass heart surgery Monday, April 11, in Shreveport, LA, at Willis Knighton Health.  As of this morning he was awake and sitting in a chair.  Nurses were to get him to walk later today. Thank you for continuing to pray for his recovery and also for his wife, my sister Shirley and also sister Pat as they begin this recovery and rehab journey.  I will be traveling home to Louisiana May 8-14.



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law hopefully recovering from open heart surgery scheduled for Monday, April 11.  And need to visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she had built and is moving into mid April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.