Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Pike's Market Place April 4

Colorful and Delicious Fruits at Pike's Market Place in Seattle

Pike's Market Place and A Quiet Day Also

After a very active and strenuous three days getting about and walking up and down Seattle's "hills", I decided to slow it down today.  After breakfast I took the Rapid Transit bus up 3rd Avenue to Pike Street.  Just a block from where I have been to and from the central business district of Seattle is the Pike's Market Place mostly famous for the "flying fish" at one of the seafood stands.  I am not a seafood eater so that was mainly entertainment for me.  But I did find the fruit stands enticing and the flower stands were simply beautiful.  I bought two apples and a large orange at one of the fruit stands and just finished eating the orange and one of the apples for my early supper.  Just a block away from Pike's Market Place is Target.  I went in but ended up not making a purchase. Also visited Macy's and left empty handed from there also.  On the way back to the hotel this afternoon, I stopped at a local coffee and lunch time place for a light lunch.  Simply took it easy in my room this afternoon and now actually making this update post early. It's only 6 PM PDT. Another reason for hanging in the room more today is that this is the "coolest" day of my stay here. Was suppose to rain but I did not notice any. Low last night was mid 40's Fahrenheit and it only warmed up to about 56 degrees today.  My first three days were cool but all warmed up to almost 70 degrees.  The next two days are to be round low to mid 60's. Probably head to Seattle Center again tomorrow to visit the Space Needle observation deck. Might even do the "Duck" tour.  A couple friends suggested I visit Lake Union to see the floating boat homes.  I stayed in a Residence Inn at Lake Union in 2013 and did a boat tour which passed the floating boat homes. I included photos of Lake Union and the floating homes in Photo Galleries of my 2013 visit to Seattle. 

The photos today in addition to showing you Pike's Market Place also include a couple Rapid Transit bus photos to let you know how I get around mainly up and down 3rd Avenue.  Also there is a view of a ferry as seen from the market place.


Great way to get around Seattle

Seattle has trolley buses that run off electricity and can actually go when not under the electric line

That's a Target Store on Pike Street

Pike's Public Market Place

Lot's of friendly people - a lady volunteered to take my photo

The lady has a fish in her hand that she caught... 

...from this man

Tons of seafood available for purchase

What's a ferry doing in the Market Place?  It just a view from the market 

Beautiful Flowers available at Pike's Market Place

Colorful and delicious fruit and vegetables  

More fruit and vegetables


I'm looking forward to two more days in Seattle before beginning my four night Amtrak return to New Orleans via Sacramento and Chicago on three Amtrak trains - Coast Starlight, California Zephyr, and City of New Orleans.



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law hopefully recovering from open heart surgery scheduled for Monday, April 11.  And need to visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she had built and is moving into mid April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.