Sunday, April 3, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Ferry Seattle to Bremerton April 3S

Seattle's Smith Tower with Mt Rainier clearly visible in background

Washington State Ferry Seattle to Bremerton and Return

Another full and good day in Seattle.  I began the day with breakfast in the Juno Restaurant at my hotel and then walked down hill to the Washington State Ferry Terminal.  Since I had visited Bainbridge in 2012 I decided to take the ferry to Bremerton.  The weather was sunny and probably one of the clearest days I have experienced in Seattle.  It was so clear that one can clearly see Mt. Rainier and other mountains in background of the photo I took of the Smith Tower near my hotel.  That's the featured photo above.

While in Bremerton I toured the Pudget Sound Navy Museum. Until recently the Pudget Sound Naval Shipyard produced many ships and submarines.  I returned to Seattle around 3 PM and walked up the waterfront to the Seattle Wheel before literally "climbing" back up hill to 1st, 2nd, and finally 3rd Avenue on which my hotel has a side entrance.  My friend Charlie in Costa Rica will totally understand when I say I am exhausted and am in rest and hang in my room mode the rest of today.  Seattle is a great city to travel in as long as you are going north to south along 3rd Avenue but it's a killer to walk west back to east up hill from the waterfront.  The little hill Charlie asked me to walk up in Atenas is mild compared to walking up these hills on concrete usually with nothing like a handrail to use as support to steady us older persons. You can bet tomorrow with be a lazy day confined to using the rapid transit along the 3rd Avenue corridor.

Nevertheless, I am still having a great time.  Here are some photos from today's activities.

Entrance to Juno Restaurant for Hotel Guests

My breakfast this morning - since grits not available this is my favorite type hash browns

On a ferry heading to Bremerton from Seattle

Leaving the Space Needle and Seattle Wheel behind as we depart

Inside my ferry

View of islands across from Seattle.  I think the mountains are on the Olympic Peninsular

My ferry to Bremerton was the Kitsap

Love this view of the Seattle skyline in the distance

Approaching Bremerton

Another view of my ferry

Motorized vehicles departing my ferry

Pudget Sound Naval Shipyard

Ferry "Kitsap" returning to Seattle

Park around Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Beautiful Spring Flowers
 B
Exhibit at the Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Pudget Sound Naval Museum 
Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Pudget Sound Naval Museum

Pudget Sound Naval Museum

My bird visitor while sitting in the sun

Here comes the ferry that will take me back to Seattle

The Ferry "Kaleetan" will take me back to Seattle

Meeting the "Kitsap" midway of our journey back to Seattle

A very interesting water view

Approaching Seattle and the Space Needle

Seattle Waterfront

Pirates' Plunder

As Close as I will come to riding the Seattle Wheel

Weather is forecast to be more cloudy and possibly some wetness next couple of days so we will see what adventure I may seek.

I have added a new trip to my travel plans.  My brother-in-law Bobby Youngblood is scheduled to have heart surgery Monday, April 11, and my great niece, Cheri, is moving into her new home in mid April so Louisiana is calling.


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law hopefully recovering from open heart surgery scheduled for Monday, April 11.  And need to visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she had built and is moving into mid April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.