Friday, April 22, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Wrap Up Post 2 of 3

Hazy Seattle Skyline from Washington State Ferry


Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Wrap Up Post 2 of 3

Today's photo galleries are from my six nights in Seattle.  I was privileged to meet my great nephew Neil Owen and his family for breakfast one morning.  It was actually my first time meeting Neil's wife Megan and one year old son Lucas.  Neil and Megan grew up in Michigan and are both graduates of Michigan State University where my nephew Charles is a professor. Near the end of my stay I was also privilege to meet friends Jacob and Kelly Moody and their three children for dinner one night.  Jacob and Kelly grew up in Nashville and were part of the First Baptist Church youth ministry while I was a part of that ministry's adult leadership.

Having been to Seattle on previous trips beginning in 1965, I enjoy revisiting and discovering new things on each of my return trips.  This trip I use the excellent public transportation system of hybrid buses, hybrid electric trolleys, light rail, and even the monorail to explore the city.  My emphasis this visit was Seattle Center including the Pacific Science Center and the famous Space Needle and visiting Bremerton, WA, via the Washington State Ferries. Also made a couple visits to Pike's Market in downtown Seattle to purchase oranges and apples. 

There are four photo galleries covering my stay in Seattle. Click the bold captions below each of these photos to see all the photos in that gallery.



Seattle - Family and Friends








Seattle - Around Seattle





Seattle - Seattle Center




Seattle - Ferry to Bremerton


The complete eleven photo galleries covering my Spring 2016 Amtrak Adventure are up and ready to view in my photo galleries.  Tomorrow I will post wrap up update 3 of 3 to introduce you to the last four galleries covering my 5 days and four nights traveling three Amtrak trains Seattle to Sacramento to Chicago to New Orleans.  



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS


Louisiana Trip Home - May 8-14

Louisiana home is calling so I'll head that way after Forest Hills Baptist Sunday School and worship on May 8 to visit sisters and brother-in-law as he continues to recover from 5 bypass heart surgery April 11. And will also visit and tour my great niece Cheri's new home she has built and moved into this month April.


Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15

 Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Last six months of 2016 may have some smaller trips planned but for now no more big trips planned for this year.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.