Monday, September 23, 2019

Glacier National Park September 2019 - Chicago, My Kind of Town

Chicago, The Water Tower and Prudential Towers

Chicago, My Kind of Town

Maybe not really my kind of town, but I like Chicago enough that I have re loadable Ventra Card which is the public transportation card for paying for the light rail and buses, etc. Actually for this trip Chicago was my transfer from rail travel to airline travel. I now have a favorite Chicago hotel, the Doubletree THE WIT Hotel. The staff is very friendly and they always make sure I get the spa room over looking the Chicago River - only one such room on each floor. 

Arriving after midnight on Saturday(or early Sunday morning) and staying for rainy Sunday and sunny Monday, I got a chance to get out and walk a lot mainly Centennial Park on Michigan Avenue and then further north on Michigan Avenue to visit the Miracle Mile. So the photos below are from those walks.

I am already checked in for my 12:15 PM Southwest Airlines flight home to Nashville tomorrow Tuesday so this is the last update post for this trip until I get all my trip photos posted on Reagan's Photo Galleries. I will do a final update post to let you know the photo galleries are ready to view. 

Here are 21 of the photos I took here in Chicago.

This is the Chicago River view from my hotel room





















I will be home only 2 1/2 weeks before traveling to my Louisiana home for my 60th high school reunion and to celebrate my 78th birthday with family.