Thursday, September 19, 2019

Glacier National Park September 2019 - Last Day at Glacier Park Lodge

View toward Glacier National Park from Glacier Park Lodge

Last Day at Glacier Park Lodge

After sleeping in a little this morning, I decided to take it easy at the Lodge today. A little computer time, E-reading in a couple places in the lodge including in front of a large fireplace, napping, and eating lunch in lounge and dinner in the Great Northern Dining Room filled my day. A nice and happy surprise was being invited by a group of ladies from Blue Ridge, Georgia, to eat with them at dinner. They made my day! See the photo below.

Part of the day was checking on Amtrak's Empire Builder which lost 9 hours traveling from Chicago through Glacier Park Station to Seattle where it finally arrived 5:39 PM this afternoon. Scheduled arrival time was 10:25 AM so just over 7 hours late.  That train turns and becomes my train to Chicago tomorrow. It was scheduled to depart Seattle this afternoon at 4:40 PM. Estimated but not confirmed departure time is between 9 PM to 10 PM tonight or 4 to 5 hours late. The train has to be cleaned, serviced, and dining car restocked for the trip back to Chicago.  No estimate when train will pass through Glacier Park Station tomorrow. The Scheduled Time was 9:45 AM so should be 4 to 6 hours later. Until the train departs Seattle no rescheduled times are available. No problem for me if it runs late, but not knowing the time is unsettling for me.

Here are photos taken today including the wonderful friendly group of ladies who invited me to eat with them, the view of the lobby as I exit my room, an Indian photo in my room and me relaxing and reading at the hotel, and the large fireplace. Don't forget you can click on the photos to see full size photo.






All My Lady Friends from Blue Ridge, GA, at Dinner

I will do an Iphone blog update tomorrow simply to update you on how late my train arrives here to pick me up and to let you know I am back on the Empire Builder heading to Chicago arriving sometime Saturday night.