Saturday, September 14, 2019

Glacier National Park September 2019 - Seattle Sept 13-16

Seattle's Waterfront

In Seattle September 13-16

Friday was a good day flying American Airllines from Nashville to Seattle via a connection in Dallas, Texas. Smooth flights and a friendly lady seat mate from Dallas to Seattle. She was from southern Virginia and her children live in the Sevierville, TN, area.  She was meeting them in Seattle for an Alaskan cruise.

Upon arrival after checking into my Embassy Suites Pioneer Square room, I walked to the Seattle Waterfront for before sunset Fish and Chips at Ivar's Seafood. After a short time of exploring I took a shuttle to Pike's Place market and a light rail ride home to my hotel. 

Not much sunshine today Saturday and after waking up at home at 3am, I did not get much sleep Friday so Saturday is a day of rest after a morning walk in the neighborhood around the King Street Station. I saw the Amtrak Empire Builder that had just arrived on time from Chicago and is the train I will take Monday afternoon for an overnight ride to Glacier Park. I'm saving my major picture taking for the Glacier Park visit but below are a few photos from the waterfront and around my hotel and King Street Station.

Sunday will be the highlight of my Seattle visit. My great nephew Neil will pick me up and take me out to his home to visit and eat lunch with his family wife Megan and their two very young sons. Neil works for Microsoft here in the Seattle area.

Here are my Friday and Saturday photos from Seattle.


Ivar's Fish and Chips 

Sunset at Ivar's

Washington State Ferry

My Seattle Neighborhood - King Street Station
Seattle's Football and Baseball Stadiums
My Embassy Suites Hotel

King Street Station and Embassy Suites Hotel

Amtrak's Empire Builder just arrived from Chicago

Empire Builder just arrived from Chicago

Seattle's Sports Stadiums

Looking forward to an afternoon with great nephew and family Sunday and then riding Amtrak's Empire Builder Monday overnight to Glacier National Park and the Glacier Park Lodge for four days and three nights Tuesday to Friday. This is my first ever stay-over at the park.

Planning to send another update Sunday night after my visit with Neil's family. Trusting for reliable Internet at the Glacier Park Lodge(there are no TV's) so that I might send you updates from the Park.