Friday, January 22, 2016

January 22, 2016, Six Inch Snowstorm at My Home In Tennessee

Six Inch Snowstorm - View from My Front Porch

Unexpected Six Inch Snowstorm at My Home

Wow!  I was not expecting to return home from my Amtrak Winter Adventure to my very own local six inch snowstorm but that is what I got today.  Luckily as a retiree I have the benefit of staying home on days like this.  Middle Tennessee, in fact the whole State of Tennessee, received the biggest snowfall we have experienced in several years.  I took a few photos from the front of my home overlooking Cartwright Creek and also from my garage to the back and also a few of my patio where I feed the birds.  I scraped the snow off the on the ground bird feeder and filled it up this morning but the snow came so heavily and lasted all day so the snow covered the bird seed.  As you can tell from the photos, the birds have found the seed and are eating through the snow.

You can see all my photos in this photo gallery:
  

January 22, 2016, Six Inch Snowstorm

  
Here a just a few of the photos:

View from Front Porch

Another view from Front Porch

View from my garage to drive -- Hillsboro Road is in the distance

Snow is literally up to the garage door

Birds finding the bird seed covered by falling snow

View of Patio from my den window

I hope you enjoy the snow photos.  I did not expect to do another blog update until close to my departure on February 9 when I fly to Costa Rica to visit my friend Charlie Doggett.  Charlie had sent me a list of products he would like me to purchase for him to bring with me.  Fortunately, I did that shopping yesterday when we had cold but good weather for driving.  Yes, I am counting down the days - 18 - until I fly to Costa Rica and warm sunny 80 degree weather for two weeks.



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Costa Rica February 9-23 - I will be visiting my friend Charlie Doggett who moved to Costa Rica in December 2014.  Charlie lives in Atenas, Costa Rica, and I am hoping he emerges me into his Costa Rica lifestyle.  He has been planning for my time in Costa Rica for many months and I am so looking forward to being with and visiting him.

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.