Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Amtrak Winter Adventure January 2016 - Trip Photo Galleries Added to Reagan's Photo Galleries Website

Amtrak's California Zephyr Traveling Through Snowy Colorado

Seven Amtrak Winter Adventure Photo Galleries

I returned home Sunday, January 17, from my very enjoyable Amtrak Winter Adventure.  I enjoyed my short one day in New Orleans mainly riding streetcars and visiting the Garden District where I found several homes already decorated for Mardi Gras season.  I even enjoyed the three plus hour bus ride from New Orleans to Jackson, MS, to begin my Amtrak City of New Orleans journey.  Since it was 9 degrees Fahrenheit in Chicago I stayed inside all of my five hour wait for the California Zephyr.  Success!  I wanted to see more snow this year than I saw last January 2015.  I did!  It was simply beautiful.  Good snow scenes through Colorado and also over the Sierra Nevadas in California.  I took lots and lots of photos so I suggest you save this blog update and use as a link to view the photo galleries in several viewings.  Here are the links to each of the seven photo galleries. 

All the galleries are available in gallery folder:
  

Amtrak Winter Adventure January 2016

  
  
Click the photos or gallery name to visit the seven photo galleries.

New Orleans


Amtrak's City of New Orleans


Chicago Union Station


 Amtrak's California Zephyr - Chicago to Denver
Amtrak's California Zephyr - Chicago to Denver


Amtrak's California Zephyr - Colorado to Utah


Amtrak's California Zephyr - Nevada to California


Emeryville and San Jose

Just three weeks from today on Tuesday, February 9, I fly to San Jose, Costa Rica, to visit my friend Charlie who lives in Atenas.  Charlie has Internet at his home so I am hopeful to post a few blog updates while at his home.  I will not be using my IPhone while out of the country so will only be posting when I can use my laptop with SD card reader to insert some of my photos from my camera in the blog.



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Costa Rica February 9-23 - I will be visiting my friend Charlie Doggett who moved to Costa Rica in December 2014.  Charlie lives in Atenas, Costa Rica, and I am hoping he emerges me into his Costa Rica lifestyle.  He has been planning for my time in Costa Rica for many months and I am so looking forward to being with and visiting him.

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.