Sunday, January 10, 2016

Amtrak Winter Adventure Sunday, January 10, 2016

View of Mississippi River From My Room at Hilton Riverside

 
Traveling Day Nashville to New Orleans - If you read my blog update "A Tribute to a Great Woman and My Adopted Tennessee Mom - Ruth Bradley", you know that my trip started with a grieving heart.  I began the day participating with 4th to 6th graders in Sunday School at Forest Hills Baptist Church Nashville observing the "tastes of the Passover Feast" so that we may better understand when we study Moses and the first Passover Feast.  After Sunday School I drove to Flight Park near Nashville International Airport to leave my car and then head on over to the airport to catch my 1:05 PM Southwest Airlines flight to New Orleans.  Smooth flight and good seatmate - a young lady graduate student at SMU in Dallas.  She and friends had been to Nashville to spend the weekend.  I guess my home city is now a top "destination".  They had done "The Grand Ole Opry", museums, and lot of midtown places.

Arrived New Orleans and after a quick "Super Shuttle" ride to the Hilton Riverside, I am back in my favorite room 2614 where I stayed last year in both January and May.  Best thing is that today through my departure Tuesday is "SUNNY" but a little cool.  Low close to 40 and high about 50.  After all, it is my WINTER Amtrak Adventure. 

Not any adventuring out today or tonight.  I'll spend most of tomorrow out and about and let you know in tomorrow's update.  Here are a few photos from today.

f
Taste of  Passover Feast in Sunday School at Forest Hills Baptist Church

A Southwest Airline plane at Nashville

View from SWA plane as we cross the Mississippi River landing in New Orleans

View of Mississippi River from my room


My room overlooking the Mississippi River

Me(Reagan) working at my laptop to bring you these updates


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Costa Rica February 9-23 - I will be visiting my friend Charlie Doggett who moved to Costa Rica in December 2014.  Charlie lives in Atenas, Costa Rica, and I am hoping he emerges me into his Costa Rica lifestyle.  He has been planning for my time in Costa Rica for many months and I am so looking forward to being with and visiting him.

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.