Friday, February 21, 2020

Amtrak Winter Trip 2020 - Day 1 Arrived Chicago

My View from My Hotel Room

Day 1 Arrived Chicago - February 21

Early morning start for my Winter Amtrak Trip - I flew Southwest Airlines Nashville to Chicago Midway Airport 8:30 AM. Beautiful sunny yet cold day in Chicago. I am staying at TheWit Hotel. The photo above and those below are photos in and from my hotel room. 






Today's excitement came from my IPhone 6S. Not the best time but on the first day of my two week trip, my IPhone battery decided it was time to begin to fail. The symptom is rapid power leakage. Good thing is that the Apple Store is just a few blocks away so I'm headed there in the morning as I learned that my battery has lived way past it's normal life and the Apple Store can replace the battery for me. Don't be surprised if tomorrow's update features a photo of the Apple Store.

Another good thing is that the weather while cold in 40's should be sunny Saturday and Sunday before clouds enter the picture Monday and possible snow Tuesday. That's okay as I depart on Amtrak's California Zephyr Tuesday afternoon and Union Station is just blocks away from my hotel.

I'll be back tomorrow with another update if only from the Apple Store.