Thursday, February 27, 2020

Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip - Arriving Emeryville, CA February 27

Amtrak's California Zephyr arriving Emeryville

Arriving Emeryville CA February 27

I awoke this morning as we were departing Winnemucca, NV. We traveled through Reno, NV, and Sacramento, CA, and over the Sierra Nevada Mountains today arriving in Emeryville, CA, 3:30 PM Pacific Time. Since my roomette was on the left sunny non scenic side of the train, I did not take too many photos but instead enjoyed reading the latest "MURDER SHE WROTE" book as I traveled. 

I have checked into the Hyatt House Hotel in Emeryville overlooking the Amtrak Station for the next five nights. I've unpacked and looking forward to sleeping in a real bed tonight.  

The lead photo above is the lead engines of my train after we arrived in Emeryville. Below are photos I took as we traveled through Nevada and California today. The city photos are Sacramento, CA.





















My only real complaint about the Hyatt House Hotel is that the Internet is painfully SLOW.  Where as I get almost 100mbs at home and the Hilton Hotels I stay in provide premium internet, this Hyatt House has improved to 4mbs. It use to be just over 1mbs.

I know riding the train is mostly taking it easy, I intentionally plan to be lazy tomorrow. I don't know what I will do except take a good walk and that includes walking to the Bay Street Center just a couple blocks from my hotel. The only planned activity I have is to return to Sacramento Sunday to meet a lady friend I met on the Zephyr a few years ago. She is going to take me to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Sacramento and then we will visit Old Sacramento before I return back to Emeryville mid afternoon.

I will take tomorrow off from posting a blog update and then do one Saturday covering both Friday and Saturday.