Saturday, February 22, 2020

Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip - Day 2 Apple Store Visit and Metra Train Ride

Apple Store Chicago, IL

Day 2 February 22 - Apple Store Visit and Metra Train Ride

First thing this morning I headed to the Apple Store a few blocks from my hotel. Happily they told me my IPhone 6s battery was good and did not need to be replaced. Together they had me to reset all the settings hopefully to resolve a software problem. I left with hope that all would be well but by the time I returned to my hotel after a walk up North Michigan Avenue, the battery level was 5%. That was not good. I returned to my room and plugged the phone in to recharge the battery and at the same time went through all my settings to turn off a lot of battery using things the "reset" had turned on. I eventually decided I needed to get out and do something so I headed to Chicago's Union Station to ride the local commuter rail Metra to Naperville to do a little riding and rail fanning. At that time my phone had charged up to 92%. That was around noon time. At 6:45 PM the battery charge level is 89% so there is hope. The judgement is still out but we will see how the phone does through tomorrow. If things continue to deplete the battery charge level I guess I will be a IPhone 11 owner. I did compare the IPhone 11 and 11 Pro while at the Apple Store and the 11 is all I need since I really don't use the camera on the IPhone much since I prefer my digital camera.

The top photo was of the Apple Store with Apple Store Logo visible from outside. The Store itself is right on the Chicago River at Michigan Avenue. Below is a photo of part of the store inside which is similar to all other Apple Stores nationwide.



Here are some photos I took walking up Michigan Avenue after my visit to the Apple Store.





As indicated above, I did take time this afternoon to ride the local Chicago commuter rail Metra from Union Station to Naperville and back. While at Naperville I did some rail fanning and took some photos of Amtrak's Southwest Chief as it began it journey to Los Angeles. Here are some of the photos I took this afternoon.













No plans for tomorrow Sunday, but I am fortunate to be able to worship with my home church Forest Hills Baptist in Nashville via the Internet as well as my long time church home First Baptist Nashville also via the Internet. 

I will post an update tomorrow so you can find out what I did and I'll let you know the status of my IPhone situation.