Sunday, February 23, 2020

Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip - Proud New Owner of an IPhone 11

The Apple Store on the Chicago River

Proud New Owner of an IPhone 11 - February 23

It has been a good day. I began the day watching and worshiping with my home church Forest Hills Baptist in Nashville via the Internet. Thanks to my music minister Wayne for leading the congregation in singing "TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS" as the invitation hymn. 

As my IPhone 6s continued to "bleed" the battery anytime I used any of the apps, I finally decided it was time for me purchase a new IPhone 11 so I returned to the Apple Store and with excellent service I traded my 6s in for the new phone and all my apps and data except for photos were transferred to my new phone and the service rep walked me through the set up including setting up the new "face recognition" which replaced the finger print touch to open up the phone. Apple promised me and delivered that my screens and apps would look just like my old phone's screens and apps. And all the settings remain on the new phone just as they were on the old phone. Actually, all I had to do after returning to my room was to open all my apps and resign on entering my ID and password. So that is how I spent the time from 11:30 AM until about 6 PM this afternoon. I'm a happy camper. I do have to apologize to my friend Larry Y(the elder one) in Nashville that I was not able to also purchase a new IPhone 11 for him as he requested.

Above is photo of the Apple Store right on the Chicago River at Michigan Avenue. And here are a couple more photos of the Apple Store. The Apple Store is a three level store. You enter on  the top level and walk or ride an elevator to the lowest level where the sales and service areas are located. The mid level is basically bleacher seats overlooking the lower sales floor. They bring you up to this level while your new phone continues to update and another service rep helps you complete the set up and answers all your questions before you leave with your new phone.




Earlier I did take time to walk in the area north of the Chicago River and ate a Chicago Hot Dog at Portillo's and took an interesting photo of a group of statues of medical men. Here are those photos.





Now that I have resolved my phone issues, tomorrow I will turn to enjoying my last day in Chicago before departing Tuesday on Amtrak's California Zephyr.  While the first three days have been sunny and cold to cool(51 degrees today), tomorrow is to be getting cloudy with rain to begin tomorrow night and accumulating snow through the day Tuesday. Time for me to get out of town.

I will do one more update tomorrow with photos from my digital camera. While on my train ride I will use my new IPhone camera to take a photo or two and post one or two updates via my phone as I journey from Chicago to Emeryville, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area.