Friday, May 20, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Departure Date May 28 is One Week Away

Scenes from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Via Rail Canada Trip May 28 - June 17 Trip Itinerary

In just one week on Saturday, May 28, I fly American Airlines to Toronto, Canada, to begin my Via Rail vacation trip to Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am hoping you are going to follow my visit to Canada via this blog.  I will be changing the format of my blog posts just a little.  I am planning to cover my travel and activities with regular updates(almost daily) featuring a single photo to represent the day and then a short narrative describing my day. I'll post the many photos I will take to my photo galleries after returning home to Nashville in late June.  Today, I'll share my itinerary with you.  And, no, I did not take the photos above.  I've never been to Nova Scotia or Halifax so that is why I am going.

While I will be traveling 21 days, I will only be on overnight trains two nights while in Canada and two nights on Amtrak traveling from Albany, NY, to New Orleans, LA.  Here is the itinerary:

May 28 - Fly AA Nashville to Toronto and overnight in Hilton Toronto

May 29 - Via Rail train Toronto to Montreal and overnight train on to Halifax

May 30 - Arrive Halifax for 4 nights in the Hollis Halifax-Doubletree Hotel

May 31 to June 2 - Three whole days to explore Halifax

June 3 - Via Rail overnight train Halifax to Montreal and on to Toronto

June 4 - Arrive Toronto for 3 nights in Hilton Toronto

June 5-6 - Two whole days to explore Toronto

June 7 - Via Rail train Toronto to Montreal for 2 nights in Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel

June 8 - Whole day in Montreal

June 9 - Amtrak Adirondack Montreal to Albany, NY for 4 nights Hilton Albany

June 10, 11, 12 - Three whole days to explore Albany and also do a little train watching.  On June 11 I will travel Amtrak to Poughkeepsie, NY, for a short outing along the Hudson River.

June 13 - Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited overnight train Albany to Chicago

June 14 - Amtrak's City of New Orleans overnight train Chicago to New Orleans 

June 15 - Arrive New Orleans for 2 nights Hilton New Orleans Riverside

June 16 - Whole day in New Orleans

June 17 - Fly home Southwest Airlines New Orleans to Nashville


Arriving home in Nashville/Franklin on June 17, I will take a couple or so months hanging at home.  Time for me to slow down just a little on the travel.  

While there will be small short trips nearby or to north Louisiana for family visits, I have only planned one week long trip in October to feed my Amtrak California Zephyr hunger. October 3 I will fly to Chicago for two nights at Doubletree The Wit hotel boarding Amtrak's California Zephyr October 5 to Emeryville, CA(San Francisco) for two nights at the Hyatt House Hotel in Emeryville before boarding Amtrak's Coast Starlight day trip to Los Angeles. I will stay two nights at the LAX Hilton Hotel and fly home to Nashville nonstop on American Airlines.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.