Saturday, May 28, 2016

Via Rail Canada Trip June 2016 - Toronto May 28

Fountains and park in Toronto City Center

I full day of travel and lot of late afternoon walking after arrival has made me very tired.  So it will be shower and early to bed tonight.

My friend Henry G. showed up at my home right on time at 4:30 AM and got me to the airport with lots of time before my flight.  Both flights were right on time and smooth flying getting me to Toronto a little early.  Coming through customs was uneventful but while okay, finding the light rail from my terminal 3 to terminal 1 and then on to the UP Express train needed lots of friendly guidance and directions.  Everyone I encountered was super in helping me find my way.  Got a taxi to the hotel and was in my room around 4:00 PM.

I did get out and walked back to Union Station to make sure all my travel documents for the Via Rail trains were in order. Later I walked out for a few blocks to find food to eat.  Only problem:  It's 85 degrees in Toronto today and there is a high temperature warning alert especially for us senior citizens. I know it affected me thus the early shower and on to bed.

Tomorrow is the first of my Via Rail Train rides -- first Toronto to Montreal at 11:30 AM followed by Via Rail's the Ocean overnight train to Halifax.  No update tomorrow night.  Next update with be Monday from Halifax.