Monday, February 2, 2015

Amtrak's California Zephyr January 2015 - Green River, UT, through Grand Junction, CO, to Glenwood Springs, CO

California Zephyr Passing Through Rugged Utah Desert



California Zephyr Journey Continues - I awoke Friday(Jan 23) in dry desert land in Green River, Utah.  No snow for several hundred miles until the train was well into Colorado.  The picture above is representative to the landscape I viewed until we were approaching Grand Junction, CO.  Our first fresh air break was Grand Junction, CO, mid morning.  Since we arrived early ahead of schedule we had 30+ minutes break.  This was also a crew(engineer and conductors) change stop.  The new crew took us all the way to Denver.  

Departing Grand Junction, we eventually passed through Rifle, CO.  I always look out for this town since I stayed a few days here while on my 2012 August Colorado Road Trip.  I discovered and visited Rifle Falls State Park during my 2012 stay here.  It was just passed Rifle, CO, that I saw the first snow of the day as we began our long journey along the Colorado River.

Colorado River near Glenwood Springs, CO
Arrival at Glenwood Springs, CO
The Zephyr arrived Glenwood Springs, CO, around Noon and departed on time at 12:10 PM.  My next blog post will share the very snowy photos of the afternoon journey into Denver. Meanwhile, be sure to check out all the photos from today's featured photo gallery.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also click on the  highlighted gallery title above to open this photo gallery. Also, in the right column you will find a link to all my photo galleries plus additional separate links to recently added galleries.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email 

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.