Friday, September 24, 2021

September 2021 Amtrak Empire Builder Rail Trip with stays in Chicago and Seattle - Photo Galleries Ready to View

 

Amtrak's Empire Builder in Minot, ND



September 2021 Amtrak Empire Builder Rail Trip with stays in Chicago and Seattle

I am home from my September 2021 rail trip on Amtrak's Empire Builder with stays in Chicago and Seattle.  I really enjoyed this 17 day vacation after staying home over 17 months mostly isolating to avoid COVID-19 virus. I enjoyed staying six nights in Chicago at the Sheraton Grand Hotel right on the Chicago River. It was a relaxing time mixing walking with riding CTA(Chicago Transit Authority) buses to visit Michigan Avenue Miracle Mile, Navy Pier, and the Field Museum with a side trip to Glenview, IL, to do some railfanning. After Chicago, I rode Amtrak's Empire Builder to Seattle, WA, where I stayed five nights at the Embassy Suites Downtown Pioneer Square. While in Seattle I visited the Waterfront, Bainbridge Island via Washington State Ferry, and Seattle Center's Chihuly Garden and Glass. I also Googled and found a new Old Spaghetti Factory Restaurant in Tukwila, WA, where I ventured out to eat my favorite spaghetti with meat sauce and Spumoni ice cream. After Seattle I rode Amtrak's Empire Builder from Seattle back to Chicago and then a short Southwest Airlines flight home to Nashville.

I have created five photo galleries you may enjoy checking out.  Click on the photo or caption to visit the galleries.


Chicago - Six Days at the Sheraton Grand Hotel




Chicago's Field Museum




Amtrak's Empire Builder








Friends, I have enjoyed having you follow my travels these past few years.  Since I will celebrate birthday number 80 this October 17, my Amtrak travel will be limited in future years. I have no rail travel plans for the foreseeable future. Some of my future travel will be family related and also more relaxing like the week I just spent in Chicago. I know Chicago is a BIG CITY but my stay at the Sheraton Grand was very relaxing and I may take more trips like that and since Nashville does not have rail service, I will probably be flying for similar weeks of relaxing as I did in Chicago.  I plan to continue updating those travels on this blog. There will just not be many rail trips and I know several of you follow me for the rail trips. I will be traveling in 2022. I just don't know where for now.

In November 2021 I am planning to drive to my Louisiana home in Shreveport/Bossier City/Benton/Haughton to spend a complete Thanksgiving week with my sisters and my Louisiana family and friends. I'm not really planning to post updates as this will be a personal family time at home.


 

Proverbs 3:5-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.