Thursday, September 9, 2021

2021 Amtrak Trip - Chicago to Seattle on Amtrak's Empire Builder - September 5-7

 

Reagan at Minot, ND

Chicago to Seattle on Amtrak's Empire Builder - September 5 - 7

I left Chicago Sunday afternoon on Amtrak's Empire Builder. We left on time and arrived in Seattle on time on Tuesday morning. I felt very safe from COVID as Amtrak is enforcing the mask required policy very effectively. Conductors preceded most announcements stating that masks were required and must cover both mouth and nose. I and other passengers were allowed to remove our masks only when in our sleeping car room with the door closed and while eating in the dining car. The dining car was enforcing social distancing so I ate alone at all meals where I use to eat with up to three others pre-COVID.

While I do have my digital camera with me, I chose to only take photos on the Empire Builder trip with my IPhone 11. Yes, I did take digital photos in Chicago and am taking digital photos here in Seattle. I took around 70 IPhone photos on this train ride which I will include in my photo galleries at the end of my 17 day trip. For now I am sharing these selected photos from the train trip for you to enjoy. The photos are in the order I took them. The last two are from Seattle including a view from my Embassy Suites room and from my walk on the waterfront the afternoon after I arrived.

If I take the time, I will possibly do an update from Seattle Saturday before I depart Sunday back to Chicago on the eastbound Empire Builder. If not I will do a wrap up update with all the photo galleries after I return home September 16.

Enjoy these selected photos of my Amtrak Empire Builder ride.

On Board in my roomette and ready to travel

Crossing Mississippi River in Minnesota






Cut Bank, Montana












Arrived Seattle's King Street Station

View of Seattle Waterfront from my hotel room

Do you believe I caught this?