Saturday, September 11, 2021

2021 Amtrak Trip - Chicago - Amtrak Empire Builder - Seattle -- Six Days in Seattle September 7 - 12

 

Seattle Skyline


Six Days in Seattle

Amtrak's Empire Builder delivered me to Seattle Tuesday morning September 7 to stay at the Embassy Suites Downtown Pioneer Square right next to Amtrak's King Street Station. While I have been active and still walked a lot, I did slow down from how much I walked in Chicago so this has been much more relaxing. While I did something everyday, the things that stand out was the Seattle Waterfront, Washington State Ferry ride to and from Bainbridge Island, the Chihuly Glass Gardens at Seattle Center, and finding and eating at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Tukwila. I took lots of digital photos of which I am sharing only a selected number of the photos in this update. 

Sunday afternoon I board Amtrak's Empire Builder for my eastbound return trip to Chicago and after a short stay at Marriott's Midway Hotel, I fly Southwest Airlines home to Nashville, Tennessee. As on the westbound Empire Builder trip, I will only take a few photos with my IPhone 11. 

After returning home to Nashville/Franklin, TN, I will be celebrating the completion of 80 years of life October 17 and then traveling to Northwest Louisiana to celebrate Thanksgiving week with my sisters and Louisiana family. For now, I have made no travel plans for calendar year 2022.  I will post updated photo galleries for this trip and do a blog update to share those galleries with you after returning home.

Thanks for traveling with me and enjoy these selected photos from Seattle.



































I was happy to find that Seattle has built a couple new Old Spaghetti Factories after their Waterfront location was closed a few years ago. This gives me hope that a new Old Spaghetti Factory can be built in Nashville since our 40 year old location was destroyed by the Christmas Day 2020 bombing of historic 2nd Avenue.