Friday, October 6, 2017

October 6 - Santa Fe, NM, via the RailRunner

Balloons Visible From My Hyatt Hotel Room Friday Morning

Began this morning with a sneak preview of the Balloon Fiesta viewed from my Hyatt Hotel room. Today was the day to ride Albuquerque RailRunner commuter railroad to Santa Fe, NM.  Enjoyed walking from Santa Fe Depot down to the plaza area just checking out the sights and sounds. Was a cool pleasant sunny day. This evening I rode the RailRunner back to a local station near the Anderson's apartment. Tom picked me up to go home with them for a home cooked meal. Unfortunately as we drove toward their home, Nancy called and told us the whole area where they live had lost electric power. So we went out to a local restaurant for dinner and I had my first chile relleno. It was good. We have now rescheduled the home cooked meal for Saturday evening. 

The photo above was taken early this morning from my room in the Hyatt Hotel. Tom tells me I will be able to see the Sunday morning balloon rising from my room since they will not pick me up until 10 AM. Tomorrow morning Tom is picking me up 4:30 AM to go to the Mass Balloon Rising officially opening the  2017 International Balloon Fiesta. More about that in tomorrow's blog update.

Here are a select few photos from my RailRunner trip to Santa Fe today.